Join us for the Meetup on Friday evening, and for events at Wellesley College on Thursday and Harvard Divinity on Friday morning.
Do you want to participate in the AMEL Intensive Program?
The AMEL Intensive Fellowship program is a competition intended to identify our best and brightest MuslimARC members.This December, eight MuslimARC Members will be selected as AMEL Fellows. They will be flown out to New York for an all-expenses paid leadership training and anti-racism education convening. Not a MuslimARC member yet? You can sign up up here.
AMEL Intensive will begin with an inaugural retreat at Stony Point in New York on December 11th through the 13th. Stony Point is an interfaith community that offers a conference center offering delicious, locally sourced food, simple accommodations, sustainable values, and a spirit of hospitality. AMEL Intensive participants will stay at the Allison house, with meeting spaces for breakout sessions that includes easels and audio/visual equipment.
There, AMEL Fellows will be trained in anti-racism material, workshop facilitation, media engagement, public speaking, and more. We will be also be counting on these Members to provide their expertise and wisdom to further develop and refine MuslimARC’s programs.
In 2016, these AMEL Fellows will begin to join MuslimARC Directors Namira Islam and Margari Hill on MuslimARC workshops and trainings.
Through AMEL, members can become officially licensed by MuslimARC to facilitate trainings and serve as public faces of the organization.
Application is open from October 12th to November 2nd.
Can you donate $5 or more today?
New from MuslimARC! The #AMELIntensive: a fellowship program for MuslimARC Members that will train facilitators and bring anti-racism education to 4x the number of Muslim communities in the US in 2016-17 inshallah.
Closed captioning available! Share this video with 5 of your friends today and donate $5 or more at www.launchgood.com/AMEL.
We have been closely following the horrific attacks on Black churches in the last week, church after church.
Other action items from the campaign:
- "Ask questions about who is responsible for these church burnings with the trending hashtag #WhoIsBurningBlackChurches
- Petition the President to re-convene the National Church Arson Task Force: https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-bar…
- Organize a teach-in or training to understand church burnings and how to protect houses of worship and fundraiser to support rebuilding
- Organize a solidarity event with African American churches and use the Muslim ARC #BlackLivesMatter toolkit
- And of course, pray. Pray hard."
- Donate and see more at: https://www.launchgood.com/rebuild
This Ramadan, MuslimARC aims to encourage Muslims to build bridges across racial and ethnic lines, affirm our bond as a spiritual community, and commit ourselves to addressing racial injustice.
Join this event to share your stories and support the anti-racism movement!
Our Ramadan Anti-Racism Guide is available at http://www.muslimarc.org/ramadan-anti-racism/.
1. Everyday, we will be posting suggestions for actions you can take daily in the spirit of anti-racism. Take a picture, write a reflection, tape a video, or find another way to share the action(s) you take during this Ramadan and share this under the hashtag #OurRamadan1436 either on Facebook or Twitter. Or, you can post your contributions on this event page!
2. We will be sharing audio/video of diverse reciters of the Qur'an daily under the hashtag #GlobalQari. Check our Facebook and Twitter (www.twitter.com/muslimarc) for the links.
3. We are a media sponsor of the LaunchGood #GoodWillPrevail Challenge! Donate a $1/day to a different campaign for each day of Ramadan - together, we will fully fund 30 projects inshaAllah. Check it out: https://www.launchgood.com/project/good_will_prevail_challenge#.
Muslim ARC - Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative looks forward to sharing your stories and pictures. Together, we can create more diverse, dynamic, and impact-making communities.
Join MuslimARC, CAIR-LA, and Bayan on May 2nd in sunny southern California for our first ever training/leadership conference! You can now RSVP on the ARC Hub.Read more
Welcome to MuslimARC's new Membership Hub. We will provide detailed updates here on the Update Blog as we continue building and equipping the site with features for you.Read more